by Liz Hanson, treasurer, and Danielle Teigen, board president
What began as a dream Kelly Krenzel had to honor her beloved grandmother soon grew into something even more. The message “You Matter” resonated quickly, planting a seed to make the organization an official nonprofit.
In August 2017, Hope Blooms officially became a 501(c)(3).
What does this mean?
Donations and contributions made to the organization are now tax deductible.
How does it work?
Donate any of the following, and we will send you a donation receipt for your tax records:
– Gently-used flowers from a special occasion or wedding
– Fresh-cut flowers from your personal garden
– Small canning jars and recycled food jars (pint size)
– Twine or string to secure a special tag to each bouquet
We accept donations of jars and twine in the garden box located outside our new space – 758 34th St. N., Suite O, Fargo, N.D.
If you feel moved to tend to our community through a monetary donation, you can mail your contribution to the below address or fill out the online donation form.
PO Box 9705
Fargo, ND 58106
For ease of delivery, please contact us in advance for flower donations at (701) 491-8821 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becoming an official 501(c)(3) also means Hope Blooms has an official board of directors to help oversee and guide the organization. Seven individuals have been tapped to serve on the Hope Blooms board:
– Danielle Teigen, Forum Communications Company, Board president
– Christy Tehven, Love Always Floral, Vice president
– Liz Johnson, Eide Bailly, Treasurer
– Bethany Berkeley, Dale Carnegie of ND & MN, Secretary
– Stephanie Schroeder, Discovery Benefits
– Sylvia Kloster, retired community member
This group has been entrusted by founder Kelly Krenzel to provide support, assistance and leadership as the organization continues to tend to our community, making it a happier, healthier place for all of us to grow and thrive.